Here’s what each of the labels mean:
- ❤️ Can’t imagine using anything else.
- 👍 Does the job well. No plans on switching.
- 🤷♂️ Would prefer to find a better alternative.
- ❤️ VS Code with the Enough editor theme.
- ❤️ Raycast has replaced Alfred for me.
- ❤️ Obsidian
- ❤️ ️️1Password
- ❤️ Mullvad VPN
- ❤️ Signal
- ❤️ Affinity Designer — An excellent (and cheap!) alternative to Adobe Illustrator.
- ❤️ CleanShot X
- 👍 Brave
- 👍 Screenflow for screen recording and video productions.
- 👍 Pixelmator Pro — For everyday image editing. I mostly use Affinity Designer most of the time though.
- 👍 Little Snitch
- 👍 Spotify
- 🤷♂️ Audacity for when I need to record my voice.
- 🤷♂️ Slack
- 🤷♂️ Discord
- 🤷♂️ Zoom
- ❤️ ️Omnivore — Works wonderfully with my Obsidian flow.
- ❤️ You Need A Budget — Wish I found this when I got my first job. Now I know where my money goes.
- ❤️ Headspace — Probably the biggest contributor to my mental health.
- 👍 Buy Me A Coffee — For projects I’m working on outside my day-job. Honestly, it’s more for managing my imposter syndrome than to generate income.
- 👍 Synology C2 Storage — Cloud storage where I back up my Synology NAS.
- 👍️ Fastmail — Switched from HEY, but I’ve somewhat managed to replicate the HEY model with labels and rules.
- ❤️ GitHub Pages using Hugo
- ❤️ Plausible — Check out the public dashboard.
- ❤️ updown.io — Check out the public dashboard.
- 👍 DNSimple
Tools and tech
- ❤️ Go is my primary programming language.
- ❤️ TypeScript for anything that needs to run in the browser.
- ❤️ Docusaurus for anything that needs proper documentation.
- 👍 React and Svelte for more complex web applications.
- 👍 rescript for late night functional programming.
- 👍 brew
- ❤️️ Mac Studio (M1 Max)
- ❤️ ZSA Moonlander with Kailh Copper switches — Best keyboard I’ve experienced so far.
- ❤️ Logitech MX Vertical — I keep this between the Moonlander splits.
- ❤️ HÅG Capisco — I shift around a lot and this desk chair is still comfortable.
- ❤️ YETI Rambler 14 oz Mug — Holds my liquid black gold during the day.
- 👍 Grovemade Wool Felt Desk Pad — Looks good, but also keeps the Moonlander in place as it does tend to slide away from me otherwise.
- 👍 twelve south Curve — Elevates my MacBook from my desk.
- 👍 Dell UltraSharp U2718Q 27" — I use this as my primary display with the MacBook on the side.
- 👍 Multibrackets M Deskmount Basic Single — Holds my primary monitor.
- 👍 Jarvis Standing Desk Frame with a BEKANT table top — Reused a table top I already had, but I dream about replacing it with a slab of walnut wood one day.
- 👍 JobOut Standing Mat Classic — I swap the chair out for this when I’m standing.
- Philips Hue Play light bar — Mounted at the back of my monitor.
- ❤️ Synology NAS DS220+ — Self-hosted solution for documents and photos. Backs up to Synology C2 Storage. Replaces Tresorit for me.
Audio and video
- ❤️ Sony Alpha a6400 Mirrorless Digital Camera — I use this as my webcam for webinars, daily check-ins, and other calls.
- 🤷♂️ Sigma 30mm f/1,4 DC DN — Bought this lens with the camera, but I’m not quite happy with the field of view. Looking at the 16mm version.
- ❤️ Elgato Cam Link 4K — Lets me use my camera as a USB webcam.
- 👍 Audio Pro Addon T14
- 👍 Elgato Master Mount — For mounting the camera behind the monitor.
- 👍 Sony ACPW20 AC Adaptor — powers the camera so that I don’t need to charge any batteries.
- ❤️ Elgato Key Light — I have two of these, but I tend to only use one during daily calls. Basically only turn on both when I’m doing webinars or other recordings.
- 👍 Samson Q9U with the RODE PSA1 Arm.
- 👍 Sennheiser HD 560S — Headphones for music and video calls.
- 👍 6amLifestyle Headset Holder — Holds my Sennheisers when I’m not in a call.
- 👍 Sony WH-1000XM4 — Headphones for when I travel.
- ❤️ Pakt Travel Backpack — For longer travels.
- ❤️ Patagonia Atom Sling 8L — For when I don’t need my laptop. Pairs well with the Pakt Travel Backpack when I’m flying.
- 👍 Aer Cable Kit — This keeps all my cables and adapters in one place.
- 👍 Aer Day Pack — For commuting.
- 👍 Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation) — Still holds up!
- 👍 Logitech R500s Laser Presentation Remote — Mostly using this for in-person conference talks.